Monday, March 29, 2010

The presentation with my partner


Couple weeks ago I did a presentation with my partner her name is carol. The topic is referring to conversation: how to start a conversation with a stranger, how to keep it going; and how to end it. We focused on the people whose ages are from 20 to 40. Most of them are studying and working at Douglas College. Before I start the survey I thought everything will be fine. Actually I found that Canadians are not as friendly as I thought. The result of the survey told us that most of the people have their own way to start a conversation and keep it going. However, they did not want to involve a conversation with a stranger. One question I paid much attention is about how you are going to end the conversation when you were on the phone with your friends. The answers I collected like that, almost 60% people would like to pretend they have to deal with something important to get away from the conversation, in another word; they are going to tell a lie to their friends. These answers really shock me. And also, I interviewed some the question is if someone would like to talk with you in the sky train station, or in the public place are you going to respond it or not. Half people told me they prefer to stay alone and listen to the music or just start at nowhere.
After the survey I collected all the answers and made a presentation. The result was not good as expect. But my partner and I work so hard to figure all the answers out. That was a really good memory for me. I’d like to try it again with a new topic.


2 comments:

  1. I have same assignment. it is good for us to start conversation with others. you have got nice work I think. come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah~ I thought ur job was pretty good. Mine was terrible, I couldn't remember some information when I was standing before you.

    ReplyDelete